Volume Graphics software lets you work with any type of geometry data—computed tomography data as well as CAD, mesh, and point cloud data.
Volume Graphics software:
- Supports CT data from various vendors.
- Imports point cloud and meshes in STL, OBJ, and PLY files, including textured meshes and colored point clouds.
- Understands all neutral CAD data types (STEP and IGES) in its basic edition.
- Automatically translates CAD views into bookmarks.
- Repairs and optimizes corrupt CAD and mesh data during import.
- Offers enhanced auto-completion modes.
- Replaces CAD geometries with matching geometry elements such as planes, cylinders, etc.
- Imports native CAD files from CATIA, Creo, Unigraphics/NX, SolidWorks, and Solid Edge with the CAD Import Module.*/**
- Supports PMI Import (Product and Manufacturing Information) for all major CAD formats providing additional part information such as dimensions, GD&T, layers, annotations, and captions (MBD, model-based definition). Processes can be automated using macros, batch processing, and templates.***
- Saves a considerable amount of time, since measurement plans do not have to be created manually from technical drawings anymore.
- Increases efficiency of your quality control by smart conversion of PMI data.
* CAD translation technology supplied by Tech Soft 3D
** Supported CAD formats of the CAD Import Module: CATIA V5 (up to V5-6 R2018), Creo (up to 7.0), Unigraphics/NX (Unigraphics 11.0 to NX 1872), CATIA V4 (up to 4.2.5), JT (up to 10.0), Solid Edge (V19 to V20, ST1 to ST10, 2019 to 2020), SolidWorks (97 to 2020)
*** Semantic PMI import supported by the CAD Import with PMI Module for CATIA V5, Creo, and Unigraphics/NX