Version 3.4.3 of VGSTUDIO MAX, VGSTUDIO, VGMETROLOGY, VGinLINE, and myVGL is now available. In version 3.4.3, customers will benefit from the following new capabilities*, among others:
- Compensation mesh for additive manufacturing: Customers can now easily create a surface mesh that compensates for the difference between the actual object and a reference object—directly from the Manufacturing Geometry Correction module. This saves you time by reducing the number of iterations as opposed to a trial-and-error approach for the final printing geometry optimization.
- Define material by sample area: Customers can now directly specify regions in the 2D views from which an average gray value should be calculated by clicking the "Define by sample area" button in the "Surface determination" dialog. This is a great alternative to setting the positions in the histogram in manual mode to define background and material gray values, which makes it particularly suited for multi-material data sets.
- Manual annotations for geometric tolerances: Customers can now indicate numerical deviations at certain positions on the surface in addition to visualizing the tolerance deviations via color overlays by creating annotations for geometric tolerances. The annotations are shown in the Scene tree as well as in the new reportable annotation table in the "CM reporting" dialog.
- List of angular manipulator positions: For improved image quality, it is now possible to use actual angular positions of the scanned object in automated reconstruction via Project SDK.
- Image support for Q-DAS export: Exporting measurement results to Q-DAS software qs-STAT for statistical process control now includes associated images that indicate the position of the measured features on the part. Visualizing measurement time series and the position of the measured features on the part make it easier to evaluate results, for example, to locate a potential need for an injection molding tool correction during machine qualification or while production is running. Discover the benefits of combining VGSTUDIO MAX and VGinLINE with Q-DAS qs-STAT in four free webinars from Volume Graphics and Q-DAS experts.
*Depending on the platform, there are differences in the range of functions for different operating systems. See our continuously updated Product Information page for details.
Discover all new capabilities in detail on our "What's New" pages for VGSTUDIO MAX 3.4, VGSTUDIO 3.4, VGMETROLOGY 3.4, and VGinLINE 3.4.
Availability of the New Version
VGSTUDIO MAX 3.4.3, VGSTUDIO 3.4.3, VGMETROLOGY 3.4.3, and VGinLINE 3.4.3 are available now. Volume Graphics is happy to provide quotes upon request.
Volume Graphics offers free evaluation versions of VGSTUDIO MAX 3.4.3, VGSTUDIO 3.4.3, and VGMETROLOGY 3.4.3 for temporary use.
myVGL 3.4.3 is available free of charge and can be requested on the Volume Graphics website.