Geometry analyses to qualify even the most complex outer and inner geometries: the add-on modules for geometry analyses offered by Volume Graphics.
The Volume Graphics Metrology Kernel in VGSTUDIO MAX has been tested by the national institutes PTB (Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt) and NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology).*
* PTB and NIST verified: This software contains the Volume Graphics Metrology Kernel VGMK 3.2.0 140356 which passed the PTB test for “Evaluation software based on minimum-zone method for coordinate measuring machines” and the PTB test for “Evaluation software based on least-squares method for coordinate measuring machines” and which was verified by the NIST “Algorithm Testing and Evaluation Program for Coordinate Measuring Systems”. The test results were obtained under Windows (64 bit).
The metrology capabilities of Volume Graphics software are verified by the Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB), Germany’s national metrology institute. PTB tested the algorithms based on the minimum-zone method (“Chebyshev”) and on the least-squares method (“Gauss”). These algorithms are used for coordinate measurement in VGSTUDIO MAX and VGMETROLOGY.
The accuracy of the evaluation software (Volume Graphics Metrology Kernel, version VGMK 3.0.0 91377) was verified by comparing the results obtained from the software with reference results provided by the PTB for the same set of data.
For Chebyshev, PTB tested the basic features (called "geometry elements" in Volume Graphics software) straight line 2D, plane, circle 2D, sphere, and cylinder and for Gauss, the basic features straight line, plane, circle, cylinder, sphere, and cone.
PTB’s maximum permissible errors (MPE) for deviations from the reference values for all quality characteristics are 0.1 μm (0.0001 mm) and 0.1 μrad. Volume Graphics’ algorithms for computing “Chebyshev associated features” and for computing “Gaussian associated features” delivered even better results in the PTB test.
The algorithms tested by PTB are used in VGSTUDIO MAX (Windows 64 bit) and VGMETROLOGY (Windows 64 bit).
See the test reports:
* CAD translation technology supplied by Tech Soft 3D
** Supported CAD formats: CATIA V5 (up to V5-6 R2018), Creo (up to 5.0 Beta); in beta status: CATIA V4 (up to 4.2.5), JT (up to 10.0), Pro/ENGINEER (up to 19.0), Unigraphics/NX (V11.0 to NX 12.0), Solid Edge (V19 – 20, ST – ST10), SolidWorks (from 97 up to 2018)
*** PMI import supported for CATIA V5 and Creo; in beta status: Pro/ENGINEER and Unigraphics/NX
* Requires the Coordinate Measurement Module
* Use in combination with Coordinate Measurement Module recommended
* Requires the Coordinate Measurement Module and the Nominal/Actual Comparison Module.