With VGReco, you can offer your customers the full package consisting of your CT scanner and the CT reconstruction functions of Volume Graphics. Use VGReco in combination with the VGProject SDK to fully integrate CT reconstruction directly into your system. A CT system with VGReco automatically reconstructs volume data sets from the projection images taken by your CT scanner and saves them as .vgl files.
Reconstruction is a crucial step: All subsequent analyses and visualizations depend on the quality of the reconstructed volume data set.
- makes it possible to integrate CT reconstruction capabilities right into your CT system by combining the flexible VGProject SDK with the modular Volume Graphics CT reconstruction options;
- quickly and precisely calculate three-dimensional volume data sets from the projection images taken by your CT scanner;
- supports cone beam, fan beam, parallel beam, planar, and helical (spiral) CT;
- uses the two algorithms Feldkamp, Davis, and Kress (FDK) and Algebraic Reconstruction Technique (ART) for the image reconstruction of, e.g., planar or helical (spiral) scans;
- uses robust automatic scan geometry corrections (e.g., horizontal detector offset correction and axis tilt correction);
- reduces metal and ring artifacts;
- improves the image quality using the standard Volume Graphics beam hardening correction or the optional Iterative Artifact Reduction (IAR)*;
- runs on off-the-shelf PCs; and
- uses one or multiple GPUs to speed up calculations by incorporating OpenCL.
* Technology licensed by Fraunhofer EZRT
Without beam hardening correction (above): Incorrect display of gray values (2D slices) causes, amongst others, holes in the object (3D view). With beam hardening correction (below): Clear presentation without artifacts (2D slices) leads to a closed detailed object (3D view).
Tailored to Your Customers’ Needs
Because VGReco is modular, it can be customized to match any need:
- CT Reconstruction (Cone Beam, Fan Beam, Parallel Beam). Can again be extended with:
- Special Algorithms (Helix, ART) for CT Reconstruction
- IAR* for CT Reconstruction
- CT Reconstruction (Planar)
No Special Hardware – No Limits
The software places no limit on the size of the volume that your customers can reconstruct; only the hardware sets the boundaries of the possible. The advantage of VGReco: There’s no special hardware required. It’s designed to work on off-the-shelf PCs equipped with a single or multiple graphic cards (GPUs) and CPUs (multi-processor/multi-core system).
VGReco is a product exclusively for OEM partners. We want to enable you to offer the best possible system to your customers. Talk to us about the possibilities that VGReco is opening up to you!
By incorporating the OpenCL framework, VGReco can use one or multiple GPUs to speed up calculations.