New: Structural Mechanics Simulation
With the new Structural Mechanics Simulation Module for VGStudio MAX 3.0, you can predict how much force a part could theoretically withstand solely based on the voxel data from your CT scan. Using nothing more than CT data, the new add-on module makes time-consuming and lossy meshing a thing of the past. With our easy-to-use software module, you define which part of the object surface is subject to fixture and which is subject to a load.
- simulates mechanical stress directly on voxel data;
- eliminates meshing as source of error compared to established methods;
- delivers results faster because complex meshing is no longer required;
- enables non-experts to conduct complex simulations;
- supports three types of force:
- direct force;
- calculates values such as von Mises stress and hotspots;
- works even on large data sets; and
- is suitable for parts made of a single material.