Fiber Composite Material Analysis Module
The significantly improved Fiber Composite Material Analysis Module gives you deep insights into fiber composite materials such as carbon-fiber-reinforced plastic (CFRP) or glass-reinforced plastic (GRP). And it allows you to export these insights, e.g., to your simulation software.
In VGStudio MAX 3.0, we especially added more functionality for the handling of layered and woven materials.
The module calculates, e.g.:
- local fiber orientations;
- local fiber volume fractions;
- global fiber orientation distributions;
- global volume fractions; and
- other statistical parameters.
With the improved module you can:
- display local fiber orientation color-coded or as vectors or tensors;
- display global orientation distribution, e.g., as a histogram; and
- produce line plots of the individual components of the orientation tensor in order to easily compare nominal and actual values.
- import your simulation mesh with the enhanced support of PATRAN and NASTRAN files;
- view the detailed angular distribution of any number of directions in a 2D histogram;
- determine the main orientations for rovings; and
- export these material properties for use in your simulation software.