CAD Import and CAD Import with Product and Manufacturing Information (PMI)*
The CAD Import Module can directly import native CAD files such as CATIA V5 and Creo/Pro/ENGINEER and use them for nominal/actual comparisons, segmentation, and other tasks.
- loads CAD models in formats such as CATIA V5, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER – in addition to the import of STEP and IGES formats in the basic version of VGStudio MAX 3.0; **
- now supports line and surface profiles;
- offers enhanced auto-completion modes;
- replaces CAD geometries with fitting geometry elements; and
- automatically translates CAD views into bookmarks.
CAD Import with PMI
The CAD Import with PMI Module also understands so-called Product and Manufacturing Information (PMI). PMI data provides additional part information, e. g., dimensioning, GD & T, layers, annotations, or captions – information that is extremely useful as long as it can be easily referenced to a CT data set. This is where the built-in intelligence of the CAD Import with PMI Module comes into play: It automatically identifies and assigns geometrical correlations of the part in question wherever possible. Sophisticated correction functions can be used to manually compensate geometries and ultimately to validate the measurement plan.
- automatically translates and intelligently evaluates PMI (Product and Manufacturing Information) data generated in many current CAD systems; *** and
- saves you a considerable amount of time preparing your measurement plans and thus increases the efficiency of your quality control.
* CAD Translation Technology supplied by Tech Soft 3D
** Supported CAD formats are: CATIA V5 (R4 to V5-6R2016), Creo (Elements/Pro 5.0, Parametric 3.0), in beta: CATIA V4 (up to 4.2.5), JT (up to 10.0), Pro/Engineer (up to Wildfire 5), Siemens PLM Software NX (Unigraphics V11.0 to NX 10.0), Solid Edge (V19 - 20, ST – ST8), SolidWorks (up to 2016).
*** PMI import is supported for CATIA V5 and Creo. In beta status also for Pro/ENGINEER and Siemens PLM Software NX.